Problems that occur on PlayStation 4 (PS4) are mainly categorised under two titles: Software and Hardware issues. After determining the main source of the issue, as in, hardware or software, problems experienced with Sony PlayStation 4’s can be eliminated much easier.
Gaming consoles are built to last, let’s make no mistake about that, unlike laptop computer devices (which actually do have similar components (e.g. CPU, graphics card, hard drive etc.)) hardware problems with gaming consoles often arise due to heavy impact on the console, mishandling, through unfortunate liquid spills or simply due to wear and tear overtime.
Other hardware problems that occur on PS 4 include problems such as USB and HDMI input ports not working, blue light malfunction, image not being transferred to the screen, various fan malfunctions and CD reading failure. At times, common PlayStation problems are easy to fix and you can easily do it yourself. However, some modifications, upgrades or part replacements are needed to overcome persistent Sony PS4 problems.
Thanks to professional game console repairs we perform for all our valued customers in Brisbane, gamers can again use their gaming consoles comfortably for many more years to come. Let us now inform you about typical PS4 problems and ways for fixing them.
WARNING: working with electronic devices and components can be highly dangerous. Also, DIY and opening the PS4 cover may void your game console warranty.
Common Playstation 4 Problems We Fix in Brisbane Australia Are
- The blue process light of PlayStation 4 flashes continuously
- The red indicator light of the Sony PS4 flashes continuously
- There is a malfunction in PlayStation 4 audio / video
- Playstation 4’s continuous network connection is lost or disconnected
- Frequent locking / freezing of playstation 4 operations
- PS4 game disk is ejected by itself or disk drive won’t open
1) Blue Backlight of PlayStation 4 Flashing Continuously
Possible Causes: Hardware, software problems.
- Update the software of your television. This will also reset your TV’s HDMI options.
- Check the power supply. Turn off your device and check the power cord.
- Check the HDMI inputs. Is it loose, is it connected tightly. Check the HDMI cable for any damage to the inputs. You can test by trying another HDMI cable.
- Check Playstation’s hardware. Turn off your device. Disconnect all the connected cables. Slide the HDD cover open carefully, making sure that the HDD slot is firmly seated.
2) Continuous Flashing of the Red Indicator Light of ps4
Possible Causes: Hardware Failure.
- Turn off the game console completely (power off device, then unplug power from wall socket). Allow your device to cool down for a while. Wait at least half an hour before restarting, do not restart before it cools down completely.
- Tidy up surroundings of the game console so that air flow is not interrupted. Remove any game disc covers from top of the device if there. Do not hold the console as that could block the air flow around it. Avoid overheating. Make sure that the device is not placed on (or near) other electronic devices that are also operating as that could overheat your PlayStation 4
3) PlayStation 4 Audio / Video Malfunction
Possible Causes: Damage to the HDMI cable.
- Check the HDMI cable. Look for any damage. Disconnect and reconnect the cable.
- Get a new HDMI cable.
4) Continuous Network Connection of PlayStation 4 is Lost or Disconnected Regularly
Possible Causes: Overloading of PlayStation 4 servers
- Wait a while. The problem will be solved by itself. Do not unplug your device or restart it. Such action can damage your gaming console.
5) Frequent Locking / Freezing of Sony PlayStation 4
Possible Causes: Overheating / Network problems / Device software problem
- Find another suitable position for your game console to be placed on.
- Try placing your PS4 vertically (making sure device inputs are not blocked).
- Check if the air inlet and outlet grills are clogged. If it is clogged, clean the grills with soft brush (gentle vacuum, or un-dusting using canned air)
- If you still encounter freezing / locking problem after cleaning the grill. The problem may be with your console fan or thermal paste. Check the fan and change the thermal paste if you can.
- If you are not familiar with options, get help using professional PlayStation 4 game console repair services
6) PS4 Game Disc Automatically Ejects or Drive Won’t Open
Possible Causes: Faulty optical drive
- Try placing your PS4 vertically without blocking device inputs.
- You can try to remove the disc manually. However, opening up the device is not everyone’s cup of tea, therefore, do this if all methods fail and you are 100% comfortable working with electronics. Make sure to follow safety precautions at all times when working with game console components and electrical devices.
Other Options to Get Your Sony PlayStation Fixed
You can get step-by-step help from playstation Australia website or simply get in touch with our game console repair experts if you’re living in Brisbane Australia. Keep in mind that Sony quickly fixes software problems on PlayStation 4 with updates. That means keep your PS4 system software up to date.
Talk to Game Console Repair Experts in Brisbane Australia ‘The Electronic Fix’
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that Sony PlayStation (whether its version 4, 4 pro, or PS5) is by far the first among the new generation of game consoles. Take care of your device for a superior gaming experience, and when you require professional console repairs at affordable rates in Brisbane Australia, simply
Contact Us for Prompt Service