Today in the year of 2021, the term "Virus" keeps popping up almost daily in our lives with the spread of Covid-19 affecting everyone globally. And yet, perhaps throughout Australia, we Queenslanders are affected more so than others. Because our state relies heavily on our overseas guests visiting us as tourists. And since the international borders are closed, and the government seems to have forgotten the pleas of businesses in Queensland needing support just to survive in these challenging times. Its up to all of us to be strong and summon the spirit of courage and patience.
Here at The Electronic Fix computer and laptop repair services we understand our valued customers, since we too operate a small business in Brisbane, we want to ensure that we provide exceptional and cost-effective solutions repairing laptops computers. Although we do not yet have the solution for Corona Virus, we here at The Electronic Fix do have the vaccine for Computer Viruses through our Computer Virus Removal in Brisbane Australia.
We’d like to share useful insights regarding what computer viruses are, and how infections occur. In computing, viruses are computer programs, quite similar to biological viruses, they first need to gain entry to a host (computer device) and then do damage by mutating and multiplying. Computers can get infected with a virus through various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, network computers and even internet. Basically, any electronic device that is connected to the internet or has software installed can be prone to attack.
The data and the facts are scary when it comes to us Aussies being victims to computer hackers and scammers, almost all of them (hackers / scammers) use internet to spread their infected presence. Because computer viruses can be used to gain private information and funnel it to a new source or to get control of resources like banking details for fraudulent activities. To learn more visit Queensland Government’s website which provides more insights about Online Security
Common Types of Computer Viruses to be Aware Of
- Malware is a virus that can be easily transferred to your computer by clicking a link even on well-known websites. Malware is designed to funnel your data to other web servers and is the name given to most common types of malicious software programs. Because a Malware is any software intentionally designed to cause damage to a computer, server, client, or computer network, the terms Adware, Riskware, Ransomware and others are also type of Malware.
- Rogue Security is a sneaky type of computer security breach attempt because it masquerades as a security software installation pop-up. Once you click on it to install, it spreads throughout your operating system. That is why, if you happen to see an unusual popup with security alerts (usual Windows) do not click on such links, do not ring any phone number that may be shown on the popup. Instead, get in touch with The Electronic Fix (07) 3613 0029 expert computer security professionals in Brisbane Australia as we can make sure that your computer is virus free.
- Spyware is a dangerous type of virus because it can steal passwords and sensitive information like bank data or other security information. They usually infect computers through downloading software from the internet. Especially if your computer or laptop device is used by children whom are tricked in downloading games from bad websites.
- Trojan Horse viruses are another tricky computer virus to identify because they can be disguised as a harmless invisible file such as when songs, pictures, movies, .zip, .exe files are downloaded, once trojan horse is in the operating system they multiply quickly and can infect other devices which you connect to the infected device. Some of this type of computer viruses are malicious code designed to steal information from infected computers and then send that information to the hackers own computer without the victim realising what’s going on.
Other Ways Scammers and Viruses Can Infiltrate
Most people think that installing an Anti-Virus is enough to prevent malware attacks, however, many activities which seem harmless can also lead to your accounts getting hacked or stolen if you aren’t fully aware. Implementing the following best practices can help keep your computer and accounts relatively safe:
- Email has turned out to be a major risk as what one terms harmless spam can actually be virus-ridden links designed to make you click the link. Always make sure you are getting authentic emails from subscriptions you actually undertook or services you use such as banks. Virus and malware-ridden emails can appear to be from your bank, or e-commerce platforms, or from television or Netflix often asking you ‘sign back in’ by clicking on links. Always STOP LOOK INVESTIGATE any email which claims to be from your bank, government agency, Australian Tax office, major social media websites (Google, Microsoft, Facebook, YouTube etc.) or Entertainment sites Netflix, Stan etc. In fact, today in 2021 all emails should be checked thoroughly (look at grammar used in emails as uneducated hackers and scammers usually make bad spelling mistakes). Any email asking to verify your account information, trying to scare you about your account or change your password are a good sign of scam email.
- Email with attachments must be cautiously handled. Attachments in Email from suspicious or unknown sources must never be downloaded.
- When surfing the internet, look for ‘https’ in the website address, since website’s using http is not secure to browse.
- Viruses can creep in when you are downloading games, movies, and other data files. Download from verifiable and authentic links and always check every file (including files on USB drives when plugged in) through an antivirus program before opening them on your computer or laptop.
- Lastly, be wary of SMS messages sent to your smartphone (posing as from ANZ, CommBank, NAB, Australian Tax Office, Westpac etc.) which contain links (see image below)
Contact The Electronic Fix in Brisbane Computer Virus Removalist
Is your computer operating slow? Does unusual popups occur when you start your computer or laptop? Living in Brisbane Australia and want to ensure your laptop, computer or home network is secure? We can help. Simply contact The Electronic Fix computer laptop repair and security experts here in Brisbane Australia by pressing this link
Contact Us for Computer Security and Virus Removal Service in Brisbane