This post is a list of Free PC Data Recovery Software with links to all of them.
The first program is by far the best and it is called Recuva. Not only is it free it’s very easy to use and has many optional advanced features as well.
Recuva can recover files from hard drives, external drives (USB drives, etc.) and memory cards. Recuva can even restore files from your iPod!
What does Recuva do?
- Recover emails, music, photos, Word Documents and files from damaged hard drives with a single program.
- Can recover data from hard drives, USB, memory card, CD, DVD and MP3 including iPod. Can mange drive sizes up to 3 TB.
- An intuitive interface makes recovery easy – just answer some simple questions and let Recuva do the rest.
- No need to install – the Recuva progrma is intelligently designed so their is no need to install direct to you computer.
- If needed you can select a deep scan option, offering a more thorough recovery option.
- Backed by Piriform, a leading software producer offering software solutions for personal and business use.
- Support for all modern version of Windows.
A link to Recuva can be found here.
2. Puran File Recovery
The second program is called Puran File Recovery. Like Recuva, Puran File Recovery is a free. It offers the ability to recover lost dat from most disk types.
What does Puran File Recovery do?
- When recovering data, full file paths can also be maintained, making recovery much easier when data is obtained.
- Both full and quick scan options are available, to allow recovery to be customised based on the depth of loss.
- The returned results can be filtered, so that specific file types, such as music or picture files, can be identified.
- Search reults can also be viewed in both tree and list view to make search easier.
- Scan NTFS and FAT12/16/32 file systems.
A link to Puran File Recovery can be found here
3. Glary Undelete
The third program in this list is called Glary Undelete. For those who are looking to use simple file recovery program, Glary Undelete may be suitable for you. It is easy to use and still recovers lost files as well as the other programs above.
What does Glary Undelete do?
- Most available hard drive and temporary storage options are supported by Glarry Undelete.
- While this program needs to be installed, installation is relatively straight forward and quick.
- Once recovered, files can be easily identified and sorted, using either a tree or list interface.
- Glarry Undelete supports both FAT and NTFS systems.
- Advanced filter allows the narrowing of files based on size, name, level of corruption, and date.
You can find out more about it here.
Contact us for data recovery
If you live in Brisbane and would like us to help with your data recovery come and see us at the Electronic Fix on Brisbane’s Northside or send us an email or give us a call on 07 3613 0029