How to check your Laptop DC power jack.
Ok! Your Laptop will not charge or switch on.
The most common reason we get laptops from customers for DC power jack repair is when the laptop refuses to switch on as it has no power to charge the battery.
Very costly mistakes here are:
- buy a new battery (The laptop can run without a battery) $120 +
- Purchase a new charger but still no fix. $120 +
We can test your charger and battery for free, just bring it in and save yourself some money.
When the jack is no longer allowing power to charge or power on the laptop then the DC power jack will need to be replaced.
This is not as bad as it sounds and does not cost a lot to repair $130, and if you consider the above 2 options that will not solve your problem, then self diagnosis is not the answer.
Early diagnosis can save you money as to continue till total failure could damage the motherboard or break the bottom housing of the laptop.
Above is a laptop with a crack internally at the back of the jack where it makes contact with the motherboard. This will cause burning to the main board if left for to long.
Here are a few points to look out for with your laptop DC charging Jack.
- If You have to wiggle the power supply connection to get the power light on the laptop to come on.
- If you have to hold the jack at a certain angle to get the power to the laptop then something is broken and needs repair.
- The laptop was charging ok yesterday but suddenly it no longer works, this is not a failed battery but a DC jack issue.
- The case starts to crack around the jack area and things seem loose inside the laptop , then you need the jack checked out by a good tech.
Contact Us Now
If you find yourself in any of the above mentioned situations you will need to find a Good technician to repair your laptop. The Electronic Fix in Brisbane has been repairing electronic devices for 30 years so this one is an easy fix for us. For all your repair needs in Brisbane call us on (07) 3613 0029 or contact us via emailContact Us Now